Infertility is a struggle that afflicts individuals and couples more than most people realize. The most recent research suggests that approximately 15-20% of couples struggle with infertility at some point in their relationship. This means that most of us probably know someone struggling with infertility and we may not even realize it. For couples struggling these are some of the most common difficulties:
- Watching friends and family get pregnant.
- The financial burden of tests and treatments to try to get pregnant.
- Having no one to talk to about it because it is such a sensitive issue.
- Insensitive comments by others such as “Have you thought about having kids?”, or “When you have kids you will understand.”
- Couple relationship strain.